Accounting and Auditing
Business Advisory Services
Accounting and auditing services are vital in helping business owners maintain efficiency and realize full profit potential. At Stephenson & Warner, Inc. we will assist you in financial planning, forecasts, projections, budgeting, financial statement preparation as well as bookkeeping and check writing to assure that your business operations run smoothly.
- Financial Statement and Annual Report Preparation Including Audits, Reviews, Compilations, and Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Governmental Compliance Audits
- Bookkeeping/Write-Up/Check Writing Services
- General Ledger Preparation
- Accounting Systems
- Internal Control Evaluation and Analyses
- QuickBooks and Peachtree Setup and Troubleshooting
Whether you’re just starting a business or you have a successful, growing corporation, it’s important that you set goals and implement a plan to meet them. Our solutions empower decision makers to evaluate choices effectively and implement action plans. For new business, we can help you determine what business entity suits your situation. For established companies, we can review your current business entity to ensure that it is continuing to meet your needs. Please view the list of business advisory services that Stephenson and Warner Inc. provides and let us turn your business problems into opportunities.
- Business entity Selection
- Business Counseling
- Business Plans Including Budgets, Cash flow Projections and Financial Projections
- Business Succession Planning
- Software Recommendation and Installation
- QuickBooks Certified Advisor
According to the IRS, a business owner with up to 20 employees spends 8 to 10 hours a month just processing payroll. Eliminate this tedious chore by allowing our related company, S & W Data Processing, Inc., to provide confidential, cost effective payroll services for your company.
As a compliment to our payroll services, we also offer advice and help on implementing employee benefit programs. We will present a variety of benefit plans for you to choose from, as well as explain their tax benefits and compliance issues – all to further simplify your business operations.
- Payroll Check Writing
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Compensation and Benefit Programs
- Assistance in Retirement and Fringe Benefit Plans including 401(k), 403(b), and Section 125
- Workers’ Compensation Services
- Electronic Payroll Tax Payments
- Payroll tax returns prepared and/or reviewed by CPA's
- One contact for payroll with no turnover
- Employee portal for check stubs and W-2's
Tax Planning is an essential element of the tax preparation process. By making tax planning part of your overall strategy, you can use our firm’s experience and access to the most current tax laws to maximize your tax advantages and minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
In addition, we will accurately and efficiently prepare tax returns for both individual and business clients. Should you ever need our assistance, we will represent you and assist in preparing for audits and appeals conferences. We also offer counseling on technical tax issues, penalties, and assessments.
- Income Tax Planning and Return Preparation for Individuals, Businesses, Partnerships and LLC
- Estate, Trust, and Gift Tax Planning and Return Preparation
- Non-Profit Tax Planning and Return Preparation
- Tax Research on Complex Issues
- Electronic Filing
- Tax Audit Representation
- Sales and Use Tax Planning and Preparation
- Multi-State Tax Return Preparation
- Foreign Tax Planning and Return Preparation
It is our goal to provide excellent service to every one of our customers.
Please take the time to read the information carefully and completely.
Our Commitment to You
- We strive have your individual tax returns ready within 15 business days or sooner. (1)
- We will provide free phone calls. (2)
- We will provide free electronic filing.(3)
- We will return your emails and phone calls within 1 business day.
- We will provide a monthly electronic newsletter of tax advice. (4)
- We will start your appointment within 15 minutes of the scheduled time. (5)
- We are responsible for penalties related to our preparation errors. (6)
- Your all-inclusive investment with us, assuming no material changes from the previous year, will be determined after all info has been received. Revisions caused by missing information or revised statements can increase charges. There will be a 20% surcharge-for all returns received between 3/25 and the filing due date.
- The investment is payable when your returns are completed or sooner.
- You can pay by cash, check, or credit card including AMEX, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover or on our website with credit card.
- Your returns cannot be e-filed until your investment has been received.
Your Commitment to Us
- You will do your best to accumulate your tax information in an orderly manner and submit the information as early as possible.
- You will punctually attend your appointment and have your complete information or call us to reschedule at least 24 hours in advance. (7)
- You understand no appointments will be scheduled between April 1st and April 15, 2017.
- You will make an effort to refer at least one client like yourself to our firm so that we can continue to be here for you when you need us. You will be rewarded for referrals.
- All information must be received prior to March 25th. (or additional fees will apply)
- If the question or issue requires additional research and analysis beyond the consultation, that work will be subject to an additional price quotation before the service is performed.
- You will always receive a paper copy. If a government authority does not accept e-filing or certain information invalidates e-filing we will prepare your return for paper filing.
- You must provide us with a valid email address to receive the newsletter.
- You need to be in our office at the appointed time.
- We work hard not to make errors on your tax return. If you have given us completed and accurate information and we fail to properly prepare your returns based on that information, we will pay penalties associated with the error.
- Your fee can be adjusted upward or downward based on material changes from previous year. You will be notified of upward adjustments before the return is completed.